Sunday 14 July 2019

Scarlett Johansson responds to backlash for being cast to play transgender man




Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson has responded to backlash after being cast to play transgender man Dante Tex Gill in upcoming film Rub & Tug.

Scarlett pulled out of the project last summer, following the criticism.

In an interview with As If magazine, the actress expressed that she felt it is her job as an actor to portray experiences she has not had.

“You know, as an actor I should be able to play any person, or any tree, or any animal, because that’s my job and the requirements of my job,” she told the mag.

“I feel like [political correctness is] a trend in my business and it needs to happen for various social reason. There are times it does get uncomfortable when it affects the art because I feel art should be free of restrictions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...