Tuesday 8 October 2019

Ellen DeGeneres responds to social media outrage over her sitting next to George W. Bush at an NFL game



Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres is speaking out after facing backlash on social media for sitting next to George W. Bush during a Dallas Cowboys-Green Bay Packers NFL game on Sunday. T

The 61-year-old television personality says she was invited to the game by the team owner's daughter Charlotte Jones, who also invited many other famous friends.

"When we were invited, I was aware that we were going to be surrounded by many other people from different views and beliefs...During the game they showed a shot of George and me laughing together and people were upset. They thought, 'Why is a gay Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative Republican president?'" Ellen explained.

She continued, "Here's the thing. I'm friends with George Bush. I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have. We're all different and I think we've forgotten that that's okay that we're all different...Just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean I'm not going to be friends with them. When I say, 'Be kind to one another,' I don't only mean only the people who think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...