Saturday 4 January 2020

Jennifer Lopez reveals she considered stripping before her career took off




W Magazine kicked 2020 off on a high note with their first issue of the year featuring Jennifer Lopez, amongst eight other Hollywood A-listers ahead of this weekend's Golden Globe Ceremony.

In her profile, the Hustlers star's revealed that before her career took off, she considered being a stripper to earn extra money.

"I did. There was a moment in my life when my friends, who were also dancers, told me about making thousands of dollars at clubs in New Jersey," she tells the publication. "They said, 'You won't need to be topless.' It sounded awfully good when I was broke and eating pizza every day, but I never did it."


Lopez, who appears as a stripper honcho in the critically-acclaimed film, also said she was initially hesitant to take on the project because of its tone.

"I was a little nervous about doing this movie because I had never played someone this dark or complicated," she explained. "I liked that Ramona, the character I play, and the other strippers were looked at as equals to their patrons, the guys on Wall Street. Ramona reminded me of that girlfriend we all have who is exciting but can also get you into trouble."

"You always miss that friend when she’s gone, but when you get together, you worry you might find yourself in some crazy situation. That’s Ramona," she adds.


The role has earned Lopez a slew of recognition, as well as Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations. She's also one of the top contenders to be nominated for an Academy Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...