Friday 24 January 2020

Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas recalls crying as he watched Prince Charles walk her down the aisle in new interview



THOMAS Markle has admitted he was “jealous” of Prince Charles walking his daughter Meghan down the aisle and said he “cried a little” while watching the Royal wedding on TV in Mexico.

Former Hollywood lighting director Thomas has been estranged from Meghan since she wed to Prince Harry in 2018 – and he said he does not expect that to change.

In a tell-all Channel 5 documentary – Thomas Markle: My Story – the 75-year-old said he watched Meg’s big day at a safe house while hiding from photographers as he recovered from a heart attack.

He said: “My daughter looked beautiful. I wish that I could have been there with her. I was certainly appreciative Charles was there.”

Thomas added: “I admit I cried a bit about that. To this day I can’t forget that moment, she was beautiful. It was a nice wedding.”


In the bombshell interview, filmed over a number of days at his home in Rosarito, Mexico, the American blasted his daughter and Harry for not supporting him.

He said: “To them I don’t exist. “Harry is part of my family – we should be talking. I miss Meghan. I miss who she was. I don’t know she is now. That’s the problem.”

When asked about taking money for interviews, the furious father-of-three blasted the royals’ treatment of him, saying: “The royals owe me. Harry owes me. Meghan owes me. What I’ve been through, I should be rewarded for. I’m in my senior years now. It’s time to look after daddy.”

In the doc, Thomas reveals never-before-seen home movie footage featuring Meghan from the ages of 11 and 16.



The video clips were filmed during a period when the Duchess of Sussex lived with her father – a period Thomas calls “my happiest years.”

During footage of the Suits actress performing in a school play, Thomas says: “I knew from the day she was born that she was going to be doing that. It didn’t become a surprise or a shock to me.” 


The 75-year-old claims he took an active role in his daughter’s pursuit of acting, helping create better lighting for the plays. Speaking about his influence on his Meg during these years, he said: “I gave her a sense of pride. I gave her a sense of duty and work.”

He slammed her “picky” claims that she supported him while insisting that he is “comfortable” living off a $5,600-per-month retirement fund in Mexico. Thomas does admit that Meghan, who he says became a multi-millionaire while working on Suits earning $40,000 per episode, once gave him $5,000 as a Christmas present.


He continues: “I’ve only ever asked her for a couple of grand. “(before she was successful) I paid for her college. I paid for her credit cards. I paid for her apartments…”

The twice-married retiree also criticised the couple for not supporting him in the run-up to their high profile wedding He said: “Meghan and Harry said ‘we’ll protect you from this’. But their protection was to tell me ‘don’t talk to anyone’.

"The royal family never sent anyone here to give me advice. They never sent anyone for me. No one gave me any attention. Not that I need the attention but I might need the help.”


The 75-year-old spoke about the infamous paparazzi which he posed for and sold worldwide. He claims he was approached by a man claiming to be a PR expert who pitched the scheme to improve Thomas’ image.

Meg’s dad said he had a feeling that the pictures would be “hokey” but the man assured him he knew what he was doing.

He said: “He told me ‘they are going to love it and they are going to love you.’ I didn’t do it for money. I did it to change my image.”

And when speaking about his grandson Archie, the 75-year-old hopes the child has his famous “Markle nose.”

He said: “I hope he has my nose because every time they look at Archie they’ll see me.”



The American-born retiree says the last time he spoke to Harry was on his hospital bed after he suffered a heart attack days before the royal wedding.

He claims he told the prince: “It’s a shame I didn’t die because you both could pretend that you’re sad and then I hung up. “I haven’t heard from them or spoken to them since.”

Defending his decision not to travel to the wedding, he later added: “If I didn’t treat the heart attack I wouldn’t be here now, according to the doctor.”

This comes as Harry was reunited with Meghan and son Archie in Canada after their bombshell decision to step back from royal duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...