Thursday 16 April 2020

Kanye West says he was a ‘functioning alcoholic,’ but has quit drinking



Kanye West has opened up about his battle with alcoholism and recalls how he used to drink vodka in the morning before realising he needed to quit.

The All Of The Lights rapper famously swaggered onto the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2009 to interrupt Taylor Swift’s speech with a bottle of brandy in his hand.

But since those days, Kanye is now a changed man turning his back on the glamorous rap star life for a relationship with God.


In a new interview with GQ, the 42-year-old rapper also details his unhealthy relationship with alcohol and what pushed him to give up the booze.

"One day I was in my office working on the couture collection, and there was some Grey Goose in the fridge and I was just going to get a daytime drink, and I looked and thought, “Devil, you’re not going to beat me today”,’ Kanye told the magazine.

"That one statement is like a tattoo. I haven’t had a drink since I realised I needed to take it day by day, but I never owned up, or was even told, “Hey, you’re a functioning alcoholic.”

"People have called me a crazy person, people have called me everything – but not a functioning alcoholic. And I would be drinking orange juice and Grey Goose in the morning."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...