Monday 27 July 2020

I have forgiven my ex-husband for the sake of my son - Tonto Dikeh



Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh says she has forgiven her former husband, Churchill Olakunle, for the sake of their child, King Andre.

The movie star made this known during a chat with veteran journalist Dele Momodu on Sunday, July 26, 2020.

Tonto while speaking on the importance of forgiveness, said she has come to realize that forgiveness is not about the next person but about one's self.

"A man I love and respect always, talked to me about forgiveness and I have come to realize that forgiveness is not about the next person," she said.

"I know that forgiveness is not about the next person but the explanation I got recently really wowed me. It says I have forgiven you not because you have to be forgiven, I have forgiven you because I do not want to put myself in a place of stagnation when it comes to growth."

"I do not want to put myself in a place of stagnation when it comes to love, I do not want to put myself in a place of warship, progressing, my career."

"Forgiveness is a whole lot and I only just realized that the bible says that if we do not forgive, God cannot forgive us. All these things are in the bible but it never really made an impact on me until someone really explained it."

Momodu then asked the mother of one if she has forgiven her ex-husband, Olakunle.

"Oh yes, especially him. I forgive him and wish him the best, for my son's sake. I do. Why not?'' she replied.

Dikeh and Olakunle have been at loggerheads since their messy divorce in 2017. The ex-couple have called each other out on social media on several occasions, since their divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ex-BBNaija housemates, Saga and Nini are engage (photos/video)

  Former Big Brother Naija housemates, Adeoluwa Okusaga and Anita Singh, better known as Nini, are officially off the market.  The duo becam...