Saturday 4 June 2022

'Nollywood doesn’t pay much. Not all actors have money' - Destiny Etiko says

 


Nigerian actress, Destiny Etiko revealed that being an actor in Nollywood does not guarantee that one will be wealthy. 

In an interview with Saturday Beats, she stated that Nollywood doesn't pay much and not all entertainers have money, some actors just package themselves. 

“Nollywood gives some people money while it does not give others money. It depends on the extent to which the masses love and want to see one. That would determine one’s pay. It is not every entertainer that has money. Some people are just trying to package themselves. Nollywood does not pay that much. But, if one is known, one will have money,” she said.

Speaking on why she decided to place the child of her gateman on a scholarship,  Etiko said:

“Each time I came back from work, she was always seated by the gate with her parents. They don’t have basic appliances in their home. Anytime I go out, I endeavour to buy her something. Sometimes, I give her mother money to buy things for her. 

One day, I asked her mother why her daughter was not going to school. She answered that she and her husband did not have money to train her in school. That was why I decided to take up the responsibility (for her education). I told her parents that I will train their daughter till university level. I decided to train her on my own, so that her parents can look up to her in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ceec flaunts her flat tummy in new photos

  Reality star, Ceec who I'd currently on vacation in Seychelles Island took to Instagram to share these stunning photos of herself whil...