Saturday 17 September 2022

Singer Buju talks about feeling insecure and inferior while growing up


Singer Daniel Benson, aka BNXN, has opened up on some of the struggles he went through while growing up.

In an interview with Joey Akan, the singer spoke of his upbringing.

While recalling the class difference between his background and the people he mingled with, he said he felt insecure and inferior at a point.

He added he would later tap into the sense of community that came with living in his neighborhood.

“I moved to Mowe at around 10-11 years of age. I had to school in Ogun state. Gbagada had a whole more happening in it. Mowé was a lot more rural. There, it was very hard to dream”, he said.

“Everyone around were the affluent ones. But we were just regular middle-class people. I found myself coming to Lagos just to feel something. I was very insecure. I went to some of the best schools.

“I met kids from the best backgrounds, but I wasn’t that guy. Whenever they were having certain conversations, I always somewhat felt inferior, especially when I told my friends I wanted to make music.

“I didn’t feel like I could fit in, but I knew I could achieve it. Sometimes, that social switch messed with me. You’d ask me where I stayed and I’d lie to you I was in Lagos. Nobody followed me home but some knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Disclaimer:
Comments And Opinions Expressed Here, Do Not In Any Way Reflect Or Represent The Opinion Of starspatnaija.blogspot.com



For any details, story or ideas, please contact us via
Email starspatnaija@gmail.com call 07088272174

Ex-BBNaija housemates, Saga and Nini are engage (photos/video)

  Former Big Brother Naija housemates, Adeoluwa Okusaga and Anita Singh, better known as Nini, are officially off the market.  The duo becam...